MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT (PUBLISHING) – INTERNSHIP, 10H P/W (NEGOTIABLE), 6+ MONTHS – CAMBRIDGE, UK
I am a fiction writer and a writing mentor. I teach creative writing on a freelance basis, which includes mentoring fellow authors, six-week courses and workshops with Cambridge Community Arts (CCA) and leading workshops with the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA).
I have created an online creative writing course and I’m about to launch my own publishing company, which will include a non-fiction list, starting with a practical guide for aspiring writers, as well as a fiction list (novels and short story collection).
About the Internship
I am looking for a dynamic, focused, and organised marketing and social media assistant for an initial six-month to assist me in implementing marketing campaigns on social media and reaching my core audience. This person will be able to work independently, show initiative, and be creative in finding cost-effective ways to promote crowdfunding campaigns and publications.
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, YouTube and MailChimp
- Understanding and knowledge of crowdfunding campaigns
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interest in fiction writing and publishing
- Building an email list and encouraging users to visit my website
- Researching and compiling information on Industry influencers
and key publishing platforms.
- Analysing writers’ blogs
- Organising and promoting writing workshops and book launches
- Implementing online marketing campaigns
- Analysing FB and blog statistics
What you will gain
This internship offers a unique opportunity to work in collaboration with an experienced editor and writer, learning about every aspect of the publishing process (cover design, manuscript preparation, printing, distribution, etc.); taking an active part in the launch of a publishing company; as well as attending writing workshops and receiving one-to-one mentoring.
Meetings will be held once a week in a café in central Cambridge, with Skype/phone chats in between where necessary. Work can be done remotely if the person doesn’t live in the Cambridge area.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter.